Get Home Delivery of The Observer for only $8.50 per month, $9.50 for motor routes. Just click here and after filling out one simple and secure online form you could be on your way to learning more information about local, state and world news.
A fire broke out Christmas morning at Millers Cabinet Shop and Showroom, 217 Greenwood Street.
The fire was reported at about 9 a.m. Two engines and about 12 firefighters from the La Grande Fire Department were called to the blaze.The fire appeared to be in the back portion of the building which runs along Jefferson Avenue. No flames could be seen outside the structure but there was a large amount of smoke coming from it.
One of the engines, a ladder truck, left the scene at 9:30 a.m.