Home News Local News House fire in Union
House fire in Union
UNION — Firefighters from multiple agencies responded to a house fire in Union.
Firefighters from the Union and La Grande fire departments and La Grande and Cove rural fire depertments were called to 58338 Highway 23 shortly after 11 a.m. Friday.
Fire officials said they believe the fire started in the corner of the house, before eventually spreading to the attic. Firefighters took to the roof trying to tackle the blaze from multiple angles.
The home's owner, Hank Stockhoff, said he does not know what could have started the blaze. Neither Stockhoff nor his wife, Valerie, were home when the blaze broke out.