Home News Local News FIRE DAMAGES LA GRANDE HOME
FIRE DAMAGES LA GRANDE HOME
Nobody was injured Sunday afternoon in a kitchen fire that caused about $20,000 worth of damage to a home at 1915 East Penn Ave.
The fire was caused by an unattended pan on a stove. It extended from the kitchen to other rooms in the house. Several people were in the house at the time and they were quickly evacuated.
The fire was reported at 4:46 p.m. and firefighters arrived at 4:49 p.m. The blaze was contained shortly after firefighters from the La Grande Fire Department arrived. The kitchen suffered flame damage and other portions of the house sustained smoke damage.
Eighteen firefighters, two engines and two support vehicles were called to the blaze. The crew returned to the station at 6:26 p.m.
The single-story home home is a rental which is owned by Bruce Jarrett of Bend.