>La Grande Observer | Union and Wallowa Counties' News Leader

Observer news NE Oregon Classifieds Web
web powered by Web Search Powered by Google

Follow LaGrandeObserver.com

La Grande Observer print edition

view all La Grande Observer print publications »

The Observer Paper 11/26/14

The LaGrande Observer is now online in a Replica E-edition form and publishes Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Current subscribers have full access to the E-edition.

View Paper

If you are not a current subscriber, subscribe today for immediate access.


Recent article comments

Powered by Disqus

Home arrow News arrow Local News arrow Permits to cut Christmas trees now available at Forest Service offices, other outlets


Permits to cut Christmas trees now available at Forest Service offices, other outlets


Permits to cut a Christmas tree on the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest are available for sale at local Forest Service offices and several commercial outlets. 

Permits cost $5 each and are valid for the cutting of one tree up to 20 feet tall on National Forest land. 

The permit does not authorize cutting on private, state, or other federal lands.

Christmas tree permits are available at:...


• Burnt River Market, in Unity

• York’s Park Grocery, in Baker City

• O&M Gas & Grocery, in Elgin

• Wallowa Food City, in Wallowa

• Dollar Stretcher, in Enterprise

• The Sports Corral, in Joseph

• Halfway Market, in Halfway

• Hitching Post Grocery, in Richland

• Brogan Quick Stop, in Brogan

• Drapers Outdoor Store, in Ontario


Vending machines with maps and Christmas tree permits are available 24 hours at Forest Service offices in Baker City (3285 11th Street), Halfway (38470 Pine Town Lane) and Joseph (201 E. Second St.). 

Permits are also available at the Forest Service district offices in La Grande and Clarkston, Wash.

The Forest Service Christmas Tree program is designed for families, businesses, and institutions wishing to cut their own Christmas tree for decorating.

“Keep your family and your own safety in mind as you head to the forest,” said Kerry Sherman, resource specialist for the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest. “Carry a Forest map,
snacks, water and dress warm.” 

More information about Christmas tree cutting permits and road conditions can be obtained by calling local Forest Service offices or on the web at www.fs.usda.gov/wallowa-whitman/.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Local / Sports / Business / State / National / Obituaries / Public Notices
Editorials / Letters / Guest Columns / Columnists
Outdoors / Ag / Spiritual / Go Magazine / Portraits
View all classifieds / Jobs / Autos / Real Estate / Rentals / Place an Ad
The Observer
About / Contact / Commercial Printing / Subscriptions / Terms of Use / Site Map
Also Online
Photo Reprints / Slideshows / Weather and Valley Cam / /index.php?option=com_rss&feed=RSS2.0&no_html=1">RSS Feed ?> RSS Feed

Follow La Grande Observer headlines on Follow La Grande Observer headlines on Twitter

© Copyright 2001 - 2014 Western Communications, Inc. All rights reserved. By Using this site you agree to our Terms of Use

cost of adobe photoshop elements 6 student discount adobe photoshop elements 9 best price autodesk autocad lt
buy rob papen predator cost of camtasia studio cost of eset smart security
tadalafil e20 
female viagra equivalent 
levitra 10 mg 
  • viagra 150 mg levitra india viagra retail discount
  • buy microsoft office 2007 enterprise uk buying windows 8 best price rosetta stone spanish latin
    buying final cut express 
    cheapest onenote software 
    purchase acrobat 9 pro 
    buy microsoft windows 7 online 
    outlook 2010 pricing 
    buy quicken deluxe 2007 http://msh.univ-tours.fr/tmp/?vass=4835&... http://msh.univ-tours.fr/tmp/?vass=4134&...