ENTERPRISE COUPLE LOSES EVERYTHING IN HOUSE FIRE

October 18, 2001 11:00 pm

By The Observer

ENTERPRISE An Enterprise couple were not injured but lost virtually all their possessions in an early morning house fire Thursday.

Wanda Hanson was cooking breakfast for customers at Tomas Restaurant at 5 a.m. when the alarm was sounded for a fire at her house.

She called home and did not get an answer. Her husband, Chris, had called in the fire, as did neighbors.

Though on the scene in minutes, firefighters found the upstairs of the Hansons house at 64744 Hurricane Road engulfed with flames coming out the roof.

The dwelling is situated at the corner of Eggleson Lane some two miles south of Enterprise.

We could see it from the fire hall, said Enterprise Volunteer Fire Department Chief Russ Gomes said.

Firefighters saved the lower floor of the home, but virtually everything there had water and smoke damage.

Donations to the Hansons can be made at Tomas Restaurant in Enterprise.