August 13, 2001 11:00 pm

UNION Unions school sports season starts next week, but athletes need insurance forms and physicals if they intend to play.

All students wanting to participate in junior high or high school athletics must have an insurance form filled out by parents before they can play. Forms can be picked up Wednesday or Thursday at the high school office.

Sixth-, seventh-, ninth- and 11th-graders must also all have proof of physicals before participating.

High school cross country starts with a meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at coach Tom Hayes house. The junior high cross country practice begins the first day of school.

High school volleyball practice starts at 7 to 10 a.m. Monday in the big gym. Junior high volleyballs first practice is at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the big gym.

Junior high football players will meet in the boys locker room at 6:30 p.m. Monday for equipment handout. Parents must be available to sign insurance forms at this meeting.

High school football players must contact coach Wayne Herron for more information.