Enterprise Christian Church breaks ground for new building

Written by Observer staff reports March 12, 2014 09:45 am

The Enterprise Christian Church will host a prayer dedication and groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of its new building at 3 p.m. Sunday.

On Feb. 13, 1893, 62 people assembled to organize the Enterprise Christian Church. The new congregation met in the town hall, located at what is now the Cloud Nine Bakery. 

The congregation soon felt the need to have their own location for their ministry. In 1898, Pastor King Francis and several members cut timber and hauled logs on wagons to town to construct a church at 207 E. Main St. in Enterprise.

“We are following the example of the faithful generations that have come before us and in the same spirit of building a facility that can help reach the community,” Pastor David Bruce said. “We have stressed that the building/facility is not the church. ‘People’ are the church. We have reached a point where our current building, because of code and constraints, is limiting the outreach we can have in our community. So, in the focus of  ‘people’ we are moving forward toward a new facility which will serve both the congregation and community for the decades and generations to come.”

The public is invited to attend the groundbreaking ceremony on Highway 82, east of Enterprise, across from the former Kooch’s Clydesdale ranch. Those with questions are welcome to contact Pastor Dave Bruce at Enterprise Christian Church, 541-426-3449.