.22 rimfire target shooting events start Dec. 4
• The first Sunday .22 Rimfire Silhouettes shooting event is set for this Sunday, Dec. 4, starting at 9 a.m. at the La Grande Rifle and Pistol Club range along Highway 244. There is a $5 entry fee, and the event is open to the public. No restrictions on scopes or sights. More information is available by calling Dave Bingner at 541-963-2440.
HUNTERS NEED TO REPORT RESULTS
• Remember to complete a report for each 2016 deer, elk, bear, cougar and pronghorn tag you purchased—even if you didn’t hunt or weren’t successful. Report online at reportmyhunt.com or call 1-866-947-6339.
Grande Ronde River
• Steelhead anglers are finally finding fish consistently with the most recent creel report indicating catch rates of about 10 hours/fish caught.
Haines and North Powder PONDs
• Were stocked with pounder and legal-sized rainbow trout in mid-October.
Wallowa county ponds
• New to Kinney Lake this year, the lake is now open to fishing year-round and non-motorized watercraft are now allowed. The lake was stocked at the end of September and should fish well throughout the winter. Salt Creek Summit still has fish available and they were actively rising during a recent visit by the local biologist.
• As the fall and winter progresses the remaining stocked fish will begin switching to more natural food. Try natural baits and natural imitations to attract these fish. Bait should be either hung under a float or set just off bottom. Kokanee size appears to be improving with reports of fish as large as 12 inches.