Editor's note: This story has been updated.
The outlook for the 114-year-old Union United Methodist Church buildings is taking a turn fo…
Whether in a classroom with a leopard gecko or at a swimming pool leading a triathlon, eleme…
PENDLETON — Republican state Rep. Greg Barreto of Cove is not seeking re-election in 2020. H…
Two La Grande groups filed a lawsuit in federal court seeking to block the proposed Boardman…
Two La Grande groups filed a lawsuit in federal court seeking to block the proposed Boardman-to-Hemingway power transmission line, which would run through Baker and Union counties.
- Party like it's 1976: Tigers get revenge against Gladstone, reach semifinals for first time in 43 years
- Unnecessary procedures: Cardiologist accused of implanting unnecessary pacemakers at Grande Ronde Hospital
- Traffic stop lands two in jail on drug charges
- Union County Warming Station is center of debate in La Grande
- Utah man faces number of charges after driving westbound in eastbound lanes on Interstate 84
- For sale: historic Union United Methodist Church buildings
- Two Union County teachers saluted — Apple Appreciation awards recognize outstanding educators
- Dedicated postal carrier retires after more than a million deliveries
- Tigers rout Estacada, set up rematch with Gladstone
- Wallowa County finally bests Burns and takes state
When my son Max realized that going elk hunting with me was unlikely to involve any actual elk, his attention wandered.
Farel Baxter’s dad died almost a quarter century ago but even now there are moments, when he’s deep in the Eagle Cap Wilderness, that Farel feels his father as not merely a pleasant memory but…
The stump of the juvenile ponderosa pine nearly sent me sprawling, but I wasn’t particularly perturbed at barely avoiding what might have been a painful tumble.