A race against winter and the fear of ominous fog in Pendleton. Both are parts of a lively s…
In 2009 Ian Clark and Mike Surber founded the Eastern Oregon Film Festival as a way to provi…
Organizations and businesses in Union County learned a little bit more about the importance …
The Union City Council again has a full set of six members.
Alfredo Arceo will never forget the phone call he received just after
In the spring of 2009, Ron Nash saw an opportunity with the closing and bankruptcy of Fleetwood Enterprises Inc. and bought the assets of the company he had previously worked for. At the forme…
- Clocks around the state ready to fall back
- El Erradero opens again seven weeks after fire
- La Grande travel trailer builder celebrates 10 years
- A long but Rewarding Journey
- Robin Wortman resigns from UCSCC
- New home for warming station?
- Mountaineers bringing back baseball, adding women's lacrosse
- Third candidate files for sheriff
- Getting involved with STEM
- EOU turns out Lights on Homecoming
The stump of the juvenile ponderosa pine nearly sent me sprawling, but I wasn’t particularly perturbed at barely avoiding what might have been a painful tumble.
Fischer Schluessler traveled most of the way across America to hunt mountain goats in Baker County.
The thermometer is the customary instrument for detecting the passage of one season to the next, but I’ve often found that the wind tells the more compelling tale.
In his recent My Voice (“Science: Reducing fuel load in forests has little effect on wildfires,” The Observer, Oct. 7), George Wuerthner cited weather as a reason not to manage forests to redu…
The Oregon Legislature created the office of Public Records Advocate and the Public Records Advisory Council in 2017. Now, in the wake of the resignation of the first advocate, Ginger McCall, …