Fifth-grader Fern McConnell adjusted the Lego pieces that would hold wheels onto a tiny comp…
The outlook for the 114-year-old Union United Methodist Church buildings is taking a turn fo…
Whether in a classroom with a leopard gecko or at a swimming pool leading a triathlon, eleme…
PENDLETON — Republican state Rep. Greg Barreto of Cove is not seeking re-election in 2020. H…
La Grande School District Superintendent George Mendoza reported the recent threat against t…
Two La Grande groups filed a lawsuit in federal court seeking to block the proposed Boardman-to-Hemingway power transmission line, which would run through Baker and Union counties.
- Unnecessary procedures: Cardiologist accused of implanting unnecessary pacemakers at Grande Ronde Hospital
- Union County Warming Station is center of debate in La Grande
- Utah man faces number of charges after driving westbound in eastbound lanes on Interstate 84
- La Grande High School threat investigation
- Tigers rout Estacada, set up rematch with Gladstone
- Wallowa County finally bests Burns and takes state
- Summerville veteran recalls being on high alert at Air Force Base — still flying six decades later
- Dedicated postal carrier retires after more than a million deliveries
- Bobcat boys, girls runners finish second at state
- Agriculture stars saluted at Union County's 71st annual Farmer-Merchant Banquet
When my son Max realized that going elk hunting with me was unlikely to involve any actual elk, his attention wandered.
Farel Baxter’s dad died almost a quarter century ago but even now there are moments, when he’s deep in the Eagle Cap Wilderness, that Farel feels his father as not merely a pleasant memory but…
The stump of the juvenile ponderosa pine nearly sent me sprawling, but I wasn’t particularly perturbed at barely avoiding what might have been a painful tumble.