• LA GRANDE — The La Grande Rural Fire District’s budget committee meets Tuesday, June 8, at 6 p.m. at the fire hall in Island City, followed by the monthly board meeting. Call 541-910-3114 for more information.
• LA GRANDE — The La Grande School District Budget Committee meeting scheduled for June 9 has been canceled. For more information, choose the School Board tab at www.lagrandesd.org.
• LA GRANDE — The Union Soil and Water Conservation District will conduct its monthly board meeting Wednesday, June 9, at 7 p.m. via phone. Go to www.unionswcd.org to view the call-in details. Principal subjects to be discussed are monthly financial statements, staff reports and partner agency reports. For more information, call 541-963-1313.
• PENDLETON — The Board of Directors of the InterMountain Education Service District will meet for a regular session Wednesday, June 9, at 4 p.m. at the IMESD building, 2001 SW Nye Ave., Pendleton. The agenda includes a 2020-2021 budget hearing.
• LA GRANDE — The La Grande Arts Commission meets Wednesday, June 9, and the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission meets Thursday, June 10. Each meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. and will be held at the Rotary Pavilion inside Pioneer Park. Contact Stu Spence, Parks and Recreation director, at 541-962-1348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online presentation looks at U.S. health care system
LA GRANDE — The community is invited to attend a Tuesday, June 8, virtual gathering of the Union County chapter of Health Care for All Oregon with special guest speakers optometrists David Glabe and Samuel Kimball who will present insights regarding the U.S. health care system and offering ideas for its improvement.
Attendees are encouraged to bring questions. The event will be held via Zoom at 6 p.m.; for access information, email email@example.com.
Following the presentation, the chapter will discuss plans for its EOLS parade float news as well as for an online presentation July 10 by Les Leopold, author of “Runaway Inequality.”