FISH LAKE (north of Halfway)
• Recently stocked with approximately 250 trophy-sized rainbow trout. Fishing should be good for both legal and trophy-sized rainbows.
Grande Ronde lake
• Received its final stocking of legal-sized rainbow trout for the summer the week of July 18. Fishing should be good through the summer.
• Reservoir storage is at 17 percent of capacity. Launching boats at the Union Creek launch is not possible. Boats can be launched at the Mason Dam launch at very low reservoir levels, but the ramp surface is in disrepair and launching of large boats is not advisable.
Grande ronde river
• The lower Grande Ronde fishes very well for smallmouth bass during the summer. Fish in the deep pools near rocky shelves for the best success. Some trout can be found during the summer months, but warm water can make trout fishing difficult.
• Trout and smallmouth bass, should be active and can provide the opportunity for some excellent catch rates well into the summer. In the upper river mountain whitefish are abundant and can be caught readily on bead-head nymphs. Chinook salmon and bull trout are present and should be released immediately.
• Has fished very well for trout this summer. Regular trout stockings have ended, but 7,000 surplus trout will be stocked this week and fishing should continue to be very good. Powerbait and spinners will be the best. Bait should be either hung under a float or set just off bottom.