CONTROLLED HUNT RESULTS
• The results are in for this fall’s big game hunts. Hunters should go to www.odfw.com and click on “My Hunter Info” in top left corner. You will be asked to enter your Hunter/Angler ID# (which is printed on all licenses and tags and stays the same from year to year), plus your last name and date of birth. Hunters without internet access can call 1-866-947-6339 to get results. ODFW received 536,232 controlled hunt applications for fall hunts this year, including 69,192 applications for the new premium hunts. A total of 135,777 regular fall controlled hunt tags were available in the draw plus 158 new Premium Hunt tags for deer, elk and pronghorn.
ANTHONY LAKE, GRANDE RONDE LAKE
• Both are accessible. Anthony Lake was stocked with approximately 1,100 trophy-sized rainbow trout the week of June 13. Grande Ronde Lake was stocked with rainbow trout the same week.
BALM CREEK RESERVOIR
• Was stocked with both legal-sized and trophy rainbow trout the first week of May.
• Holdover trout are being caught with a few fish to 18 inches. The lake was also stocked with legal and trophy sized trout last week and fishing should be good. Powerbait and spinners will be the best. Bait should be either hung under a float or set on the bottom. Kokanee anglers have been reporting catching daily limits of 25 fish. Kokanee size appears to be improving with reports of fish in the 8-9 inch range and some fish as large as 12 inches.
• Fishing for crappie has been good in the Powder River Arm. Average length has been about 9 inches.