Apply for big game point
• If you didn’t get around to applying by May 15, you can still get a big game point saver. You can find the application at www.odfw.com under “Hunting” and mail or fax it in no later than Nov. 30. Late point savers are not available online or at license sale agents.
• Was stocked with approximately 1,100 trophy-sized rainbow trout the week of June 13 and was stocked again with the same number prior to the 4th of July weekend.
HIGHWAY 203 POND
• Was last stocked with legal-sized rainbow trout the first week of June. ODFW is conducting an angler opinion survey regarding fishing ponds in the Baker Valley. Survey forms are available at each pond (Hwy 203, Haines and North Powder) or at www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/angler_survey/baker_valley_ponds_2016.asp.
THIEF VALLEY RESERVOIR
• Reservoir storage is at 50 percent of capacity and has been stocked with both legal and trophy-sized rainbow trout. Fishing has been good for 12- to 15-inch rainbows.
• Chinook salmon fishing closed July 3. The focus now shifts to trout and smallmouth bass, which should be active and can provide the opportunity for some excellent catch rates well into the summer.
• Holdover trout are being caught with a few fish to 18 inches. The lake was also stocked with legal and trophy sized trout last week and fishing should be good. Powerbait and spinners will be the best. Bait should be either hung under a float or set on the bottom. Kokanee anglers have been reporting catching daily limits of 25 fish.